As a long-term recovery organization, MICROAID's mission is to help individuals and families rebuild their lives after the devastating effects of natural and man-made disasters.
Our goals are to:
• Alleviate human suffering and the adverse economic impact due to catastrophic events.
• Provide specific donations and recovery assistance directly to individuals and families months or years after the actual incident.
• Help victims achieve economic independence and become productive members of their community.
• Act as a conduit for American donations and tangible assistance.
• Educate Americans about people in international disaster areas who continue to suffer, and who remain in need, long after the initial emergency and relief response of other agencies.
• Promote understanding and compassion, which leads to action.